Join a Top 30 Chartered Accountancy firm as an Audit & Accounts Senior and be part of a dynamic, award-winning team. With opportunities for growth and a strong focus on work-life balance, this role is the perfect next step for a driven and ambitious professional.
This role is almost fully remote, based in Hertfordshire and is offering a highly competitive salary of up to £45,000 (DOE).
What will your role consist of?
In this role, you will report to audit managers while supervising junior members of the audit team. With a split role of 60% audits and 40% accounts, you will have the chance to tackle a diverse range of responsibilities, including:
- Planning and conducting audits with turnovers up to £250 million for clients in various industries, including FCA, pensions, solicitors, charities, and schools
- Assisting junior staff with technical accounting and auditing challenges
- Preparation of draft corporation tax computations and statutory accounts
- Drafting recommendations for management following the completion of audit fieldwork
- Preparing responses for group reporting for clients where we are the component auditor
- Handling larger accounts preparation jobs for audit exempt limited companies, partnerships, and LLPs
What are they looking for?
With the potential for quick progression to the role of Assistant Manager, you will be expected to bring new ideas and fresh ways of working to the table. You should have solid technical and practical experience, a desire to train and develop others, and the ability to manage your own portfolio while still working on larger audits. Other requirements include:
- You should have at least 2.5 years of experience in a practice setting
- ACA or ACCA qualified, or sitting your finals soon.
- Familiarity with computer packages such as Proaudit, CCH Accounts Production, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, Alphatax, and Microsoft Office is desirable.
What will you get in return?
- Highly competitive starting salary with annual reviews
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays, with the ability to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company car scheme via salary sacrifice
- Employee share scheme
- Support towards your professional qualifications including subscriptions, study materials, study leave and exam costs
- Interest free travel loan
- Dress for your diary
- + much more!
If you feel you would be suitable and would like to be considered, please apply direct or contact Danielle Daymond at AJ Chambers for more information.
You could earn up to £2000 when you refer someone to our services. To learn more about our referral programme, please refer to our website.