AJ Chambers are delighted to be in partnership with a leading independent accountancy firm, based in Hitchin, on their search for a bookkeeper to join their highly successful and supportive team.
If you are looking for a firm that takes pride in their employees, values a healthy work life balance and promotes a supportive environment, this could be an excellent fit for you.
What will you be doing?
- Conduct bookkeeping and data processing for the firm’s clients
- Maintenance of accounting records using Xero and IRIS
- Purchase/sales ledger management
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Telephone and/or email contact with clients and requests for information
- Visiting client premises to liaise directly with the client bookkeeping
- Preparation of management accounts
- Meeting deadlines and dealing with client queries in a timely manner
- Continue to develop bookkeeping skills under supervision
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Previous bookkeeping experience within an accountancy firm is essential
- Confident IT user and previous experience of using Xero, Sage and Microsoft Excel is preferable
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
- Respond well to supervision by senior members of staff
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to tailor your approach provided depending on the specific client
What are the benefits?
- Very friendly and supportive team, with regular team events and outings
- A modern and open plan office with free parking on-site
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Exposure to an interesting portfolio of clients
- + much more!
If you believe you have what it takes to be successful in this role and you would like to be considered, please do apply direct or get in contact with Danielle Daymond at AJ Chambers and we will be in touch if short-listed.