AJ Chambers Recruitment is excited to partner with a modern and forward-thinking independent Chartered Accountancy firm based in Stevenage, who are seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their growing team.
This is a full-time, permanent role that offers excellent benefits and genuine opportunities for professional development and progression.
- Manage all aspects of payroll processing for a range of clients
- Assist senior staff in managing a portfolio of clients, with the potential to develop a portfolio of your own in the future
- Handle queries related to payroll from clients and HM Revenue & Customs
- Assist with billing, including preparing and submitting invoices to clients
- Undertake general administrative duties
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- A good understanding of payroll processing procedures and legislation
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with both clients and HMRC
- Previous experience working in a payroll office/bureau environment, ideally within a practice
- A proactive approach and the ability to follow processes through to completion
- Proficient use of Sage Payroll software is desirable, but not essential
- Experience using Xero is desirable
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- An enthusiastic and willing attitude towards learning
What will you get in return?
- Genuine work-life balance
- Full study support if desired
- Open plan office with free on-site parking
- Accredited Investor in People
- Employee recognition awards and bonuses
- Opportunities for professional development, with a genuine progression plan
- A supportive and friendly team
- + much more!
If you’re an experienced Payroll Administrator looking to join a modern and growing accountancy practice in Stevenage, please apply today or contact Danielle Daymond at AJ Chambers to be considered for this exciting opportunity.