AJ Chambers are proud to be working with a leading National firm of Chartered accounts who sit in the top 20 firms in the accountancy sector, who are looking for an Audit Senior to join their successful and growing Peterborough team.
They provide advice to some of the UK’s wealthiest individuals and most successful companies. Your career will be exciting and dynamic, with the opportunity to work with a range of different clients across a variety of sectors. Through hard work and innovative thinking – to say nothing of the personal touch, which has long been their trademark – they have achieved strong market positions across a range of sectors, but particularly private clients.
Although proud of their heritage, they are a forward-looking firm. Their style is to work collaboratively and ensure an open-door policy to all, which they firmly believe is the best environment for staff, as recognised by their independent rating as one of Britain’s Top Employers, and by their Investors in People certification.
What will your role entail?
- Work with our expansive and varied client base, including a number of large corporate clients and groups with turnover up to £500m
- Lead the statutory audit engagement, from planning through to completion and will also be involved in the preparation and review of group and single entity financial statements
- Work alongside the Partners and Managers to deliver advisory work including, preparation of financial forecast models, business plans, reporting on internal controls, financial due diligence and other ad hoc projects
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our clients, being a key client contact
- Supervise, coach and develop the audit team
- Benefit from investment in coaching and developing you, with one-to-one support from the Manager and Partner team
The role provides the opportunity for someone who has commenced their career in the profession to join an organisation and team with a great work-life balance and a genuine interest and focus in you and your career. You will gain experience on large and complex clients in a fast-growing office, creating genuine opportunities for career progression.
What will you get in return?
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm and an agile working policy to facilitate homeworking, only 2 days per week required in the office.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu of any overtime worked
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- 25 annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA).
If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please apply direct or contact Danielle Daymond at AJ Chambers for a confidential chat.
*You could earn up to £2000 when you refer someone to our services. To learn more about our referral programme, please visit our website or contact one of our expert consultants