Tax Senior – Top 25 Firm | Hybrid Working!
My client is a leading and award-winning multi-office firm, seeking to bolster their team due to growth, by recruiting a Tax Senior for their Farnborough office.
As the largest and fastest-growing region of the Firm, they are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join the team to assist them in achieving their strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner-managed businesses.
They are a top 25 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930’s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The role offers a competitive salary, study support, a great career path to progress within the firm, and a leading benefits package. They are one of the Top 25 best accountancy firms to work for in the UK, investing heavily in colleague wellbeing and mindfulness, and offering a flexible working environment.
As a Tax Senior working within our Farnborough office, you will be carrying out a predominantly compliance focussed role, working closely with other members of the team to provide tax services to our client portfolio, with the below key tasks being carried out.
- Gathering information to be able to answer client questions/assisting with preparing tax clearances etc.
- Preparing drafts of personal/corporate tax returns.
- Preparing simple accounts (rental statements/sole trader accounts/tax computations etc.).
- Preparing personal tax calculations using excel, for example, non-standard and often complex CGT calculations.
- Preparing draft emails for review – these could be standard emails such as confirmation statements/reviewing tax codes/sending documents to clients for approval or ad hoc.
- Liaising with other staff members to ascertain the status of accounts information/set up Xero records / providing information to and from accounts team/management accounts etc.
- Checking to ascertain what information is held and what is outstanding on jobs/status of jobs and drafting emails to clients/other staff members.
- Liaising with admin/accounts dept. in relation to billing/engagement letters etc.
Ideally you will be ATT and/or AAT qualified or nearly qualified with tax experience, have experience working in a small or mid-tier accountancy practice, managing tax advisory processes and line management, as well as a broad and general tax knowledge of all aspects of direct taxes.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support your career journey
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development as well as on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Access to our agile working policy
- Working and learning directly from our Associate Partners and Partners
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
For more information on this opportunity please either apply or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.