AJ Chambers are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Private Client Paralegal to join a top legal team in the West London. The Private Client Paralegal will provide essential support to our Fee Earners in the private client department, assisting with a variety of tasks related to estate planning, trusts, wills, probate, and other private client matters. This role requires excellent organisational skills, strong communication abilities, and a keen eye for detail.
Client Communication and Support:
- Communicate with clients to gather necessary information and documentation for legal matters.
- Assist clients with general inquiries and provide updates on case progress.
- Coordinate appointments and meetings between clients and Solicitors
- Document Preparation and Management:
- Draft and prepare legal documents, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents.
- Maintain organised and up-to-date electronic and physical filing systems for client documents and records.
- Proofread and edit legal documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines.
Legal Research and Analysis:
- Conduct legal research on relevant laws, regulations, and precedents related to estate planning and private client matters.
- Summarise legal research findings and assist Solicitors in preparing legal opinions or recommendations based on the research.
- Manage Fee Earners calendars, schedule appointments, and coordinate meetings.
- Assist with billing and invoicing, tracking billable hours, and generating client invoices.
- Handle general administrative tasks, such as phone calls, emails, and correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification from an accredited institution.
- Prior experience working in a law firm or legal setting, preferably in private client or estate planning practice.
- Strong understanding of estate planning, trusts, wills, and probate procedures.
- Proficiency in legal research and document preparation using relevant software and tools.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all work.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and legal case management software.
The role will offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a proactive and vibrant firm.
For further information please contact Ella Britton