Up to £50,000
AJ Chambers are working with one of the leading regional practices in Hertfordshire, on their search for a Mixed Tax Senior to join their highly successful team in Stevenage.
If you would like to work within a highly reputable firm who take pride in helping one another succeed and place their staffs training and development at the forefront, this could be the perfect next step for you.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of personal and corporate tax clients and delivering internal and external tax advice. As a Tax Senior, you will be responsible for providing tax compliance and advisory services in support of the Tax Partner, maximising fee income and supervising work in progress and billing for the department.
The role is mainly corporate, but ideally the candidate will have experience in personal tax and VAT if possible.
What will you be doing?
- Tax returns – corporate and personal to review
- Assistance and also leading with the delivery of tax projects to include:
- Research and development tax credits.
- Employee share schemes.
- Company mergers and acquisitions.
- Company reconstructions and demergers.
- Assisting in the training of other team members
What is required to be successful in this role?
- Professional qualification such as ACA or CTA (or equivalent) with extensive experience of tax compliance services.
- Demonstrates broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience.
- Good client handling technique including excellent written and presentation skills
- Able to build good relationships with members of the team.
- Experience of mentoring and developing people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Organised and methodical with strong numerical abilities
- Able to work as part of a wider team
Whats in it for you?
- Modern offices in Stevenage
- Flexible working including WFH available
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme which is a 24/7 free confidential advice helpline
- Payment of subscription fees
- Commission scheme for client/ staff referrals/ introductions
If you feel like this role would be of interest and would like to be considered, please apply direct, or contact Danielle Daymond at AJ Chambers.