AJ Chambers is delighted to be working alongside an excellent law firm that is seeking a Legal Secretary to join their Dispute Resolution team.
This role can be on a full or part time (3 days a week) basis.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong team that works on a wide-ranging caseload of civil and commercial dispute resolution. You will support the dispute resolution team directly and perhaps offer support to other teams within the firm when needed.
The firm is looking for someone who demonstrates excellent team-work, who is fast and accurate, has attention to detail and prides themselves yourself on getting work right first time. Willing to go the extra mile, you will have experience supporting an individual lawyer and/or a wider team.
You will be experienced in the following duties:
- The preparation of correspondence and complex legal documents
- Audio typing from digital dictation
- Diary management
- Photocopying and scanning
- Regular telephone contact with clients and professional contacts
- File and case management
- Bill preparation
- Manage marketing data and liaising with the marketing team
- Supporting other secretaries in the team
As an experienced Legal Secretary you will have significant and current experience, ideally working within a Dispute Resolution team. With a professional attitude and outlook, you will be discreet, appreciating the absolute confidentiality of everything you do.
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable working in a team or on your own initiative and will be willing to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues
- Pre-empt problems and identify solutions
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Be very well organised and able to prioritise
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Proven IT (Microsoft Office) and audio typing skills
- Experience using case management systems
- Accuracy and speed
- Attention to detail and getting work right first time
- Proof reading, checking for spelling and grammar
- You may have a secretarial qualification, although this is not essential.
The firm are paying between 26k-28k – dependent on experience.
If you are interested, please contact Liberty Berry at AJ Chambers.