AJ Chambers is working with a Top 60 accountancy practice who are looking for an Audit and Accounts Manager to join their office in the City of London.
The Audit & Accounts Manager will be a crucial member of the Business Advisory Services Department. They will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, and managing our people. They will also be responsible for supporting the Managers on larger jobs as well as managing their own portfolios.
What’s in it for you?
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- + many more
What will you be doing?
- Maintain and develop technical ability by attending webinars, keeping abreast of technical development and being able to present own research on technically challenging aspects;
- Being the point of reference for the BAS Department in terms of technical queries;
- Tailoring the audit approach based on the risk assessment of the clients;
- Leading audits of owner-managed businesses, SMEs and UK subsidiaries of large multinational groups
- Control each assignment, ensuring that they meet agreed budget and timeline
- Managing the audit team whilst on site to ensure that all work is carried out to a high standard and all queries are resolved with the client satisfactorily where possible
- Guide and supervise more junior members of staff
- Accounts preparation in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team;
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on jobs performed;
- Manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm;
- Keep the partner or senior manager informed of any issues that arise with the client;
- Identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client’s needs, their business and key risks;
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
What is required of you?
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Lead by example and instill a sense of professionalism in the team;
- Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff;
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team.
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship;
- Familiarity with IFRS and UK GAAP.