AJ Chambers is partnered with an established Solicitors with offices across the UK. The firm has gone from strength to strength in recent years and is now looking to hire a Financial Controller to join the business in their London office.
The ideal candidate will have experience at FC level, within a law firm or another professional services company.
You will be ACA / ACCA /CIMA qualified and confident in your ability to run a finance department.
- Preparing and analysing management accounts and business progress reports
- Balance sheet reconciliations – including the preparation of accruals and prepayments; fixed asset register maintenance.
- Preparing and analysing budgets, cash-flow forecasts and general financial management reports
- Monitoring and managing cash flow and debt and WIP control processes and outstanding value of work.
- Reporting on key performance indicators and trends influencing business performance and developing measures and initiatives to help drive improvement including proactively enhancing reporting processes.
- Preparing statements of Partners’ capital/tax/current accounts and reconciling balances
- Undertaking financial administration
- Leading on external accounting and SRA Account Rules audits and working collaboratively with external accountants and audits to ensure that statutory accounts are completed promptly and effectively and resolving any findings.
- Responsibility for cost management and overseeing spend with external suppliers.
- 2 years’+ experience in a similar role
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified
- Professional services experience required
- Advanced in Excel
If you wish to find out more please get in touch with Danielle O’Hara / Lucy Ringshall at AJ Chambers Recruitment.