Are you ready to join a dynamic team that is revolutionising the legal landscape? AJ Chambers is thrilled to partner with one of the prestigious “Big 4” accountancy practices, with ambitions to expand its legal offerings and shake up the traditional private practice market.
The team is currently seeking a Director to contribute to the expansion of the Data Protection team.
This role will be based in London and will be suitable for individuals with at least 10 years of post-qualification experience.
Role and responsibilities
As a key member of the team, you will collaborate closely with multidisciplinary service lines, delivering comprehensive data protection solutions to the firm’s diverse client base.
You will be a self-starter and team player, focused on building new client contacts and growing the team’s business.
You will work with clients across a range of industries but will have a focus on financial services clients. Strong experience advising such clients is essential.
You will tackle a wide range of matters including but limited to;
- Complex data protection compliance matters.
- GDPR/DPA compliance reporting.
- Drafting information notices.
- Assessing joint controller status and drafting relevant documentation.
- Drafting compliant data protection policies and procedures.
- Handling data subject rights requests.
- Preparing for and responding to data breaches.
- Data transfer and sharing arrangements.
- Liaising with relevant authorities on behalf of clients facing data subject complaints.
- FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).
This role will suit individuals with at least 10 years of post-qualification experience. This s likely to have been gained within a reputable city or regional practice. Individuals with in-house legal experience are also invited to apply.
As the team look to bolster their presence in the financial services sector (including banking, insurance, investment management and payment services), experience advising such clients is essential.
You should be a technically astute lawyer as well as a keen business developer, with the ambition to build a practice and foster new client relationships, both internally and externally. Additionally, you should have experience in managing and training a team.
In addition to being part of a team of thought leaders, you will benefit from a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Flexible and hybrid working options for a healthy work-life balance.
- 25 days of annual leave, plus an additional day off on your birthday.
- Pension options to secure your future.
- Income protection for peace of mind.
- Discounts for gym memberships to keep you active and energized.
If you’d like to seize this opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking organization that values innovation, growth, and work-life balance, please do not hesitate to contact me.