Corporate Tax Manager – London
The Tax Manager will be expected to lead the planning and delivery of corporate tax assignments for a selected portfolio of clients, managing the team’s contribution and providing technical guidance to less experienced members of staff and other departments whilst ensuring jobs are delivered on time and within budget.
Applicants for this role must have solid portfolio management experience in corporate tax compliance and advisory work, plus ideally having had some exposure to tax planning work. This role may be ideal for an ambitious Assistant Manager with a smaller firm wanting to move to a Top 20 or for an established Manager with aspirations of managing a larger client base or looking for further opportunity to progress.
Duties will include:
- Provide Tax advisory services where appropriate to a large selection of clients
- Manage a portfolio of clients, including interaction with clients and colleagues to ensure all deadlines (client & statutory) are met
- Compliance for some large groups;
- Liaising with the accounts team, you will provide guidance and support in preparing tax computations as part of the accounts preparation process;
- Revision of technical and financial assessments prepared by other members of the team.
- Detailed reviews of corporate tax computations on larger and more complex clients;
- Writing client reports
- Supervision of more junior members of the team;
- Direct contact with clients.
- ACA / CTA Qualified preferable
- Sound experience of handling a portfolio of clients in a professional firm and proven organisational abilities in terms of managing both work and self;
- A strong team player who enjoys working with others and taking a collaborative approach.
- Experience in providing advisory support
- Knowledge of CCH tax software would be helpful, but training will be given
For more information on this Corporate Tax Senior Manager role or other similar opportunities, please apply directly or contact Rory Bysouth at AJ Chambers.