AJ Chambers is working with a long-established, Top 10 firm of accountants that is looking for an Audit Semi Senior to join their growing team.
You will be part of a tight-knit team, working directly with partners, directors, and managers, providing client focused and commercially aware services in an efficient and professional manner.
This role will be audit focused while getting exposure to wider business advisory work. This role includes: Carrying out audit/accounts and related tax assignments for clients that range in size and industry.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for auditing of companies, solicitors, charities and schools
- Present on-site for audit.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of audit testing and approach when assisting the audit team across a wide range of sectors
- Prepare a basic set of unincorporated or company accounts with reference to the relevant Financial Reporting Standards/Statement of Recommended Practice and legal requirements
- Draft basic corporation tax computations
- Assist with managing client expectations and deadlines
- Provide support with drafting recommendations to management following audit fieldwork completion.
- Working with other trainees to deliver assignments and assisting them with their personal development
- Attend client meetings in collaboration with the Manager / Partner
- To attend client gatherings or client seminars on an ad hoc basis and to pursue specific areas of interest.
- Regular and varied internal networking to get to know both your team & the wider firm.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of double entry/bookkeeping
- Sustains awareness of all relevant ISA requirements and MKS internal policies in producing audit files (for example: correct sample size selection, working paper structure/format, etc)
- Accurately and efficiently process client accounting information using relevant software
- Using initiative to come up with innovative ideas to improve systems currently in practice with regards to client or staff matters and a platform to be heard in regular team meetings.
- Assist the team with ad hoc duties to support the overall smooth running of assignments
- Assisting with general administrative duties including meeting and greeting clients, filing, answering the queries and supporting the team to meet deadlines as required.
- Provide support with drafting of close out audit meeting agenda and points for discussion.
What is required?
- Currently studying towards the ACA
- Experience leading audits
- Currently working for a Top 50 firm
- Must have completed 2 audits in the last year with a turnover of £20m+.
- Technically competent
- Experience of Pro-audit, CCH Accounts Production, Xero accounting, Quickbooks and Alphatax, Office 365 would be desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Full study support
- Option to buy/sell additional days
- Hybrid Working
- Life cover
- Critical Illness cover
- Income protection
- Pension Scheme
- Wellbeing support, including generous absence pay, access to Digicare+ and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Weddings & birth vouchers
- Loyalty awards
- Employee & client referral awards
- Professional subscriptions
- Salary reviews twice a year
- Community volunteer scheme
- Fundraising matching
- Eye Tests
- Cycle to work
In addition to a wide range of flexible benefits including interest free loans for:
- Health Assessments
- Gym memberships
- Cancer screening
- Genetic wellness tests
- Phones, laptops, tablets and computers
- Office furniture
- Cycle insurance
- Pet insurance
If you are interested in hearing more about this role please apply with your CV or contact Adam Munro at AJ Chambers.