AJ Chambers are delighted to be in partnership with one of the UK’s leading wealth management and professional services group, who are seeking a talented individual to join their Audit team in Cambridge.
What will you be doing?
As an Audit Senior Manager in the Cambridge team, you will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, ensuring sound management of the people, and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management. Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Client Portfolio ‐ ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other Partners staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
- Audit work and setting budgets ‐ act as audit lead. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more)
- Managers, with overall responsibility for each assignment being retained by the Partner.
- Commercial awareness of all aspects of clients’ businesses and the impacts on our work.
- Management ‐ arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
- Business /Practice Development ‐ preparation and review of proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events, development of personal contacts and identification and pro‐active development of opportunities for S&W with current clients.
- Department Administration ‐ monitoring of qualified and student bookings and workloads to ensure most efficient use of resources. Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
- Training and development ‐ ensuring assessment forms completed and feedback given to staff on all jobs. Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally.
- Client billing /commercial awareness of WIP
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment.
- Experience of working with entrepreneurial, OMB and SME clients.
- Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, Partners, staff, and other professionals.
- Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance.
- Organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met.
- Monitoring costs against budget for individual clients.
What benefits will you receive?
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
- + much more!
If you believe you have what it takes to be successful in this role and you would like to be considered, please do apply direct or contact Danielle Daymond at AJ Chambers and we will be in touch if short-listed!
*You could earn up to £2000 when you refer someone to our services. To learn more about our referral programme, please visit our website or contact one of our expert consultants*