Assistant Accountant – Leading Boutique Accountancy
Up to £31,000 (DOE)
AJ Chambers are pleased to represent an independent and tech-savvy cloud based, boutique-chartered accountancy firm in Milton Keynes, who are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their growing and forward-thinking business team.
The business growth and success is due to a passion for seeking new and innovative ways to support SME’s achieve their goals. An integral part of their plans includes using Xero as a driving force for their firm.
What will you be doing?
- Managing a varied range of clients including sole traders, limited companies, partnerships and groups Reviewing the work performed by other junior team members.
- Providing training and support to new and existing team members as needed within the firm
- Work and plan to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the development of the overall business.
- Preparation of management accounts for a diverse range of clients
- Preparation of working papers to support the management accounts
- Xero projects including training clients and migrations
- Assisting clients to design systems and processes and automate wherever possible
- Liaising with HMRC with regards to VAT and CIS matters
- Assisting junior members of the team with software and accounting treatment queries
- Work closely with the partners in driving the business forward
What experience will you have?
- The successful candidate will share the ambitious and entrepreneurial mind set of the owners and work together to expand their services and provide new integration of apps to support the client’s individual needs.
- Have experience of working in practice (preferably 2 years +)
- Experience of using cloud software, preferably certified with Xero
- Confident leader who enjoys networking and development of new business
- Energetic self-starter who is happy to take responsibility
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Excellent IT skills
What will you get in return?
- Flexible working including working from home
- Modern offices and independent working style
- Highly competitive salary with annual reviews
- Pathway and progression onto management teams
- Own portfolio of an eclectic range of clients
- Secondments to multiple offices within the UK and overseas.
- Study support offered if required
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice
If you believe you have what it takes to be successful in this role and you would like to be considered, please do apply direct or contact Danielle Daymond at AJ Chambers and we will be in touch if short-listed!