AJ Chambers are working alongside a well-established accountancy firm based in Weybridge who are actively seeking an Accounts Assistant.
This firm has been established for over 30 years, delivering accountancy, taxation, advisory & audit services to its clients. They are committed to championing diversity and inclusion and providing excellent training and opportunities for their staff.
- Preparing statutory accounts in accordance with Financial Reporting standards FRS102 and FRS 105.
- Preparing management accounts for SME clients.
- To provide general bookkeeping support including processing of data on xero as required. Training will be provided as necessary to acquire Xero Adviser status.
- Completion of VAT returns to meet MTD deadlines using cloud software.
- Liaising with management to ensure that all the accounts administrative functions and deadlines are met in a timely way.
- Assisting with the training of junior staff.
- Communications with clients using the firms secure portal platform and other media.
- Assisting senior accountants to provide advisory services, as required.
- Deal with client queries efficiently.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The successful candidate will have good communication and organisation skills. They must have a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Must be prepared to work in a team.
- Although not essential, ideally the successful candidate would have experience of using Xero or Sage or QuickBooks.
- Be part qualified. You will already have some experience working within an accountancy firm. Applicants with relevant work experience who are just starting their studies would be considered too.
What’s on Offer:
- £27,500 – £35,000 + ACCA or AAT study package – dependent on experience, qualifications and your ‘know how’.
- Agile working.
- Above standard holiday entitlement.
- Internal mentor to support you in your career and study development.
- Life Assurance.
- Critical Life cover.
- Reimbursement of your professional subscription.
- Employee referral scheme bonus for successful employee placements.
- Working with and learning from the Partners and management team.
- Great opportunities to progress your career.
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Accounts Assistant – Weybridge